Login    Forum    Search

Board index » Stroller and Pram Forums » Stroller Accessories

Post subject: Baby Jogger CIty Select Car Seat Adaptor
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:34 pm 

I ordered my BJCS last month & was told it was due in Australia late June, rang up today to find it is now due late August :shock: slightly worried that my baby will arrive before the pram, I’m due the first week of September! :?

I have a capsule to fit the pram, but need an adaptor to go with it. The capsule is a Safe n Sound Unity.

I’ve rang around the baby shops & the adaptor will need to be ordered as well. Considering getting a second hand one off ebay to make sure I do have one when the pram arrives.

Does anyone know if the Australian version is the same as the US version? I’ve had a look on the Australian website & it says "Will fit the Peg Perego Viaggio and Safe N sound Unity only in Australia” I’m not sure if that’s because they’re the only capsules they’ve tested in Australia? Or are the actual adaptors different?

Other than eBay or baby shop, does anyone know where I might get my hands on one?

Post subject: Re: Baby Jogger CIty Select Car Seat Adaptor
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:32 pm 

there is a universal adaptor and then a chicco adaptor - the universal one is the one you want :D try amazon - otherwise definitely ebay - I have seen a couple up recently - also gumtree is another place to look - good luck!!!

HAD: Steelcraft Orbit.Valco Urban Ultralight.Steelcraft Profile.Steelcraft Express.Steelcraft Strider Take 2.Love N Care Europa.Peg Perego Aria Twin.BJCS.BJCMD.Quinny Zapp.Peg Perego Pliko P3.Silvercross Fizz.
HAVE: Pliko P3 in Black Bubbles <3

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:34 pm 

the universal adaptor is the same regardless of whether you buy the US/AUS model by the way...

HAD: Steelcraft Orbit.Valco Urban Ultralight.Steelcraft Profile.Steelcraft Express.Steelcraft Strider Take 2.Love N Care Europa.Peg Perego Aria Twin.BJCS.BJCMD.Quinny Zapp.Peg Perego Pliko P3.Silvercross Fizz.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:37 pm 

Thanks for the reply staceyd. Pardon my ignorance, but do you mean a Baby Jogger brand universal adaptor? Or is there a universal adaptor that will fit any pram & any capsule? Sorry to be a pain, but i’m hopeless with this kind of thing & the baby shops only want to sell me what they stock!

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:35 pm 

nope it's the Baby Jogger brand - unfortunately you won't find anything else to fit it. You need the Baby Jogger Univeral Car Seat Adaptor for the City Select - like this:
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/brisbane ... 1001257619

^^^ that is the EXACT one you need, and you need all the parts you see in the photo

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:59 pm 

Thank you!!! You're a gem, solved my problem :))

Post Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:08 pm 

What colour BJCS did you order? I've been told by both Bubs (the baby shop) & BJ August as well. I ordered Ruby. I'm due any time from late August :P Could be earlier (pre-existing blood condition), but we're trying to make it at least to 37 weeks. I suppose if it doesn't turn up in time I'll work something out. My mum will be around, so can always put DS1 in the umbrella stroller & DS2 in the BJCE.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:28 pm 

I ordered the Onyx, and then when I found out it would be late August I checked on the colour quartz & was told I’d still have to wait :( I went to the baby jogger website last night to have a look & found this on the online store "We highly recommend placing your order as soon as possible as the worldwide demand for this product is outstripping the available supply.”

Post Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:56 pm 

It's always like this at some time of the year. BJ are great when they have stock, but when they don't it's painful :P As long as it turns up! My parents have paid for the single part of it in full. I just need to pay for the 2nd seat & capsule adapter.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:44 pm 

Ooohhh, you are sooo lucky!

I tried to drop hints that they could contribute, but unfortunately I failed! :lol:

It’s an expensive item, but I definitely think it’s worth investing in. I wish i’d done my research before my son was born & bought a pram that could have a toddler seat attached then, as well as a capsule for my son, so that I could have made better value out of them. Anyway, I’ve learned this time around.

I also had no idea with car seats for him & wish i’d outlaid for a seat that would last him to the end of car seat days, but have now found myself buying another car set, thankfully that will last him til he’s finished with one

Post Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:02 pm 

Yes, I am very lucky that mum & dad have helped out. I wouldn't have had the pram otherwise. At the time we bought the elite, you could get the jump (toddler seat) for it. But it was recalled earlier this year. There was no way in hell my husband would have let me have the brand new select off our own back. Mostly coz I didn't want to part with the elite :P I have strange attachments to things :P

I'm really looking forward to the select, as we have swimming with DS1 & my husband will be able to take him in & I can just click the maxi cosi into the select frame :P I cannot wait!!!

Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:59 pm 

Thanks all :) you all help me lot to find out.

Board index » Stroller and Pram Forums » Stroller Accessories