Login    Forum    Search

Board index » Stroller and Pram Forums » Stroller and Pram Discussions

Post subject: Folding a Mutsy - is it easy?
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:58 am 

I really want to get a Mutsy 4 Rider so went to check it out at our local TRU yesterday to have a play with it before I buy a used one. Sadly it was not all I had hoped it would be.

I thought the Mutsy was supposed to be one of the easiest strollers to fold but I found my first couple of attempts to be quite difficult...it was a bit tricky to get the push/pull mechanism in the right position to release the lock and fold the frame. However once I got the feel for the positioning it became easier. I also found that if I didn't push down in the exact centre of the handle, the right side of the frame didn't release while the left side did...the whole folding system just felt a bit sticky and stiff. Did anyone else have this experience or could it just be the particular stroller in the store?

I also wasn't able to fold the frame with the seat forward facing, although it did work when the seat was rearward facing. After inquiring about it with the shop assistant, she said the the stroller couldn't be folded when it was in the forward facing mode. But she also said that the seat couldn't be fully reclined so that it was lying completely flat, which I managed to do once she left us alone to have a play. Can anyone tell me whether it can be folded with the seat forward facing?

I've read so many great things about the 4 Rider on this forum and really want to get one but starting to have doubts :? Am open to convincing though :lol:

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Folding a Mutsy - is it easy?
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:06 am 

I found it a bit hard too...

But I got mine for walking so it wont be folded down much, if at all... It will live in the nursery set up :D

Post Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:33 am 

It can be folded with the seat facing forward, it can also be folded with the funseat on facing forward. I know the instructions say it can't be folded if the funseat is in face mum mode but I am not sure about the seat.

It took a bit of practice but I get it folded first go every time now :)

Post Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:51 am 

So there is still hope...practice makes perfect I suppose :)

Post Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:16 pm 

Folding my mutsy was really hard at the beginning. Even DH who is pretty handy was stumped. Nowadays, it is a breeze. Its pretty simple once you get the hang of it.

Just wanted to add too that when we go out and have some food in a tray with us, we put it in the mutsy underseat basket while its folded and its pretty stable in there. So its a pram and a food holder for us.. dual purpose! LOL!

:D

Purple Xplory, Summer Bee+, MB Swift in Chilli, Mac Quest

Post Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:35 pm 

I did stuggle the first time i folded it, but like the pp said once you get the hang of it, it's easy as!
I found you MUST have the brakes on or it nearly imposible to make it work. It can be done just jolly hard work cause the dam thing keeps moving on ya

I miss my 4rider so much, they are such a lovley pram

Post Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:08 pm 

There is a knack to it - but as everyone else says once you have practiced it's easy.

That said, I would never buy a floor stock of a Mutsy 4Rider because the sales assistants on their own had broken the one I looked at trying to remember how to do it - let alone random customers trying to figure it out. They actually had to send the floor one off to be repaired the day I bought mine (the last one in a box). I rather imagine the problems you were having with one side releasing before the other were from too many clueless people miss-treating it.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:26 pm 

Both my chassis (Urban Rider and 4Rider) were stiff to start with, I even posted on here how heartbroken I was about waiting 5 months for the UR to arrive, and then for it not to fold properly :lol: I NEVER have a problem folding them now, but I really only have the fun seat on these days and that has to be taken off to fit in my car anyway.

With the normal seat - if the little prong thingys underneath the front of the seat/foot part are in the wrong spot it will not fold. And no, you are not supposed to fold it rear facing, and it does fold front facing easily - stupid shop assistant :roll:

Post Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:42 pm 

Thanks for all the tips. Glad it wasn't just me being a total pram newbie!

Am back on board with Mutsy now :)

Board index » Stroller and Pram Forums » Stroller and Pram Discussions