Login    Forum    Search

Board index » Stroller and Pram Forums » Stroller and Pram Discussions

Post subject: Mountain Buggy Duo vs Baby Jogger City Mini GT Double
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:52 am 

Hi lovely ladies,

I currently own a Mountain Buggy Duo in Chocolate for my two boys aged 2 years apart. I love it, it's very robust...and my older daughter can even sit on the front plate if she gets tired...plus I can hang my diaper bag on the handlebar, and load the basket with groceries.

I also have a Baby Jogger City Mini GT Single. I love that too, its so manouverable, awesome canopy (what I hate about my MB) and awesome fold (also a hate on the MB).

So we are going to a three day convention in the end of June. I will definitely need a stroller there because its all day, and there are about 30000 people there. Even though kids are found when lost, but still, its a hassle of course!

I found a cheap BJCMGTD new on ebay. I was thinking of funding it by maybe selling the MBUD and maybe adding in a bit more money to pay for it. My question is, should I do that, or should I stick to the MB?

Things I hate about the MB:
Fold
Canopy (even though I have a sun cover...so that kind of cancels that out)
Air filled tires (i just love the forever air tires in the BJ)
How the fabric gets together when inclining the seat
The recline...its two handed and really awkward when needed to incline, even tho the BJ has a two handed incline, its easier.

What I like:
The robustness
The fact that I can go ANYWHERE with it...
its narrowness...its very narrow!!
The push
How my DD can sit on the footplate

BJ
What I hate:
The belt is short
The basket stinks
Cant have DD sitting on the footplate

What I love
The fold
the canopies
forever air tires
recline and incline ease

So help me out here ladies...do u think I should try to fit the MB in the trunk with a suitcase, a folded playpen, and other small things?

We have a Ford Focus Station Wagon, I'm not sure whether we're renting or not...

My main concern is just the fact that its not gonna fit in the car when we go there...

HELP!!

Safety 1st Roadmaster Black
Quinny Zapp Rock Moss + Xtra Seat Rocking Black
V2 Xplory Chassis + V3 Seat Beige
Have:
BJCMGT Shadow Bamboo
Mountain Buggy Duo with Carrycot Chocolate

Post Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:34 am 

Probably too late now but I would look at a narrower and more compact pram so depending on prove BJCMGTD or MB duet (although unless you get evolution version some of your dislikes of duo will be current, namely hood and seat recline bunching).

Post Posted: Tue May 21, 2013 7:51 am 

I would go the gt double I loved mine. It went everywhere great hoods seat height n strange. Better fold n Eva air wheels.

Post subject: Re: Mountain Buggy Duo vs Baby Jogger City Mini GT Double
 Post Posted: Tue May 21, 2013 8:40 pm 

Personally, I think it would've been a downgrade. I think the GT double push stinks. Even on flat sidewalks. Seriously unimpressed. And my 1 & 3 yr olds are light and small for their ages - 21 & 32 lbs. The basket drove me nuts after getting used to strollers like the Indie & Versa that have great basket access. The GT basket is a pain. It is so hard to put anything in that is not tiny. And if I hung a couple of bags from the handle, it felt tippy. And the fold still felt really awkward. I sold mine after a month. I prefer my Plus one as a car & travel double. My kids really could care less about the lack of recline, they rarely fall asleep in the stroller. I think if the GT double has 12" tires and more basket clearance, it would be soo much better. Maybe I should have tried putting Elite tires on it.

2012 Mountain Buggy Plus One
Have bought & sold too many to count!

Board index » Stroller and Pram Forums » Stroller and Pram Discussions